Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Concept of Transgender: Making it Stick

When she finished her short dissertation, I finally felt inside that I had had enough.  Between the "red flagging" of my estrogen because I was seen as male and between the list of warnings and the list of conditions for which estrogen might be indicated, none of which included a person who might be transgender, I had had enough.



Christen needed new estrogen patches.  The old ones would not stick on properly.  When she went up to the counter, in boy mode, she got a rather long dissertation on the negative effects of estrogen on woman.  There was no mention of trans-woman.  Christen decided to educate the woman at the counter.  Go to, The Concept of Transgender: Making it Stick, to read about the happy ending to Christen's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated