Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2016

Real Dads Let Their Sons Do Their Makeup

My son doing my makeup is the same as a dad throwing a football with his son. It’s not about what you are doing together; it’s about doing it together. It’s about encouraging your children to engage with you. It’s about spending time with your child doing something they enjoy doing.

Lori Duron is the author of Raising My Rainbow: Adventures in Raising a Fabulous, Gender Creative Son (details on the website).  The first parenting memoir to chronicle the journey of raising a gender nonconforming child, the book is based on her blog of the same name.  

This is not Lori's post, however.  Her husband wrote this one, and I love it.  Oh how I wish my father was as open minded as Lori's husband.  Instead, just the opposite.  

Many confused parents, with a child questioning his or her gender, seem to find their way to the T-Central blog list.  If you're one of them, Real Dads Let Their Sons Do Their Makeup is a fun post, from a very open minded and loving father, well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated