Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

We Are Good

I am transgendered and I am lovable; I am transgendered and I am loving. I am worthy, and worthwhile, and valuable to the society in which I live. No one could ask more of anyone. It’s OK; I’m OK just the way I am.

The words, above, are from a 2014 post from Kathleen's GenderBlog, which has consistently been one of my favorites blogs listed on T-Central.  Alas, all good things must come to an end.  Kathleen is shutting down her blog.

I always have mixed emotions when a trans blogger shuts down his or her blog.  Generally, the blogger has completed transition and there is simply nothing more to write about.  It has happened time and time again and each time I ask myself....."Why am I still here fighting gender dysphoria every minute of every hour of every day of every year?"  I suppose that's something I need to blog about.

Kathleen's first GenderBlog post was in November, 2009.  I asked her if she had a favorite post that she would like featured.  She did and it's titled, We Are Good, a short, but sweet, post she wrote in September, 2014.  The quote, above, is from that post.

I want to add that in the next month or so, T-Central will have reached the 1 million page views plateau.  To celebrate T-Central's six years of serving the T-Blogging community, we will feature guest posts from some of our bloggers with the theme of how their life has changed in the past six years.  Jenny, one of the T-Central administrators, suggested this theme and Kathleen has agreed to write one of the guest posts for us.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the landmark Calie! job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joanna. I'm just one of the caretakers of a wonderful site that was the vision of Lori. Hopefully, we can get you, Lori and others to do guest posts reflecting on the past six yours of your personal journeys.

    Calie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed this one! Congratulations on hitting the 1 million mark.

    ReplyDelete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated