Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Transphobia

“God made them male and female, Adam and Eve. I know it’s hard, but you can’t change your sex. It’s not God’s will. But I’m glad you’re coming here. I encourage you to keep doing so.”

I read this post and thought.....seriously....are these people really still out there?  Alas, they are, of course.  This ugly statement occurred in a beautiful church, from someone who is presumably not a regular attendee.  Dr. Eleanor Burns answered the transphobic questions she was asked, held her head high, and went on her way with absolutely no thoughts about moving on to another church.  

Please visit Eleanor's blog, A Belated Existence, to read about her experience with Transphobia.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for headlining my post here, and being very complimentary about my handling. Tempting though it was to respond more forcefully, I think people like this often enjoy the conflict and I would sooner not give them that satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated