Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2015

The real "autogynephilia deniers"

Julia Serano, who describes herself as a writer, performer, speaker and activist, is someone I have admired for quite some time.  She's also a biologist, giving her credibility in the area of life science.  She's a wonderful speaker who I've been honored to see in person.

In our community, Julia is perhaps best known for her popular book, Whipping Girl, a book she published in 2007.  In 2013, her second book, Excluded, was released.

Julia has long been an outspoken opponent of the autogynephlia theory and she does a pretty good job responding to this recent tweet, by James Cantor:

Autogynephile-deniers are the anti-vaxxer's of sexology

I believe the reference of "Dieners", refers to the opponents of the Global Warming theory, and "Vaxxer's", refers to those who refuse to vaccinate their children.  You figure it out...

Julia has a lot to say about all of this in her blog post, The real "autogynephilia deniers".

1 comment:

  1. I am reading this book at the moment and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest, not just in transgender issues, but women's and society issues as well. I am about half way through and without spoiling the book I can say that it certainly challenged me and some of my idea's. I will do a review once I have finished it.

    ReplyDelete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated