Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Trans on the Internet

In terms of deep soul searching, the Internet has never been my go-to place to glean information.  The library was that place.  I spent countless hours (hours enough to rival Internet time) in the “HQ” stacks of my college library.  Specifically HQ 71-79:  “sexual deviations, bisexuality, homosexuality, lesbianism, transvestism, transsexualism, sadism, masochism, fetishism.”

I could have made that statement (and indeed I have).  I so remember the number of hours I have spent in my college libraries seeking out the same topics.  Funny though, while we both were doing research on the same issues, our genders were opposite.

If you were born in the 80's or prior, you will really relate to this excellent 2-part post.

PART 1
PART 2

Who is our featured author? To quote the first paragraph in the "About" page:

I’ve been a janitor for the past 9 years.
I’ve identified as genderqueer for about 10 years.
But really, I’ve felt this since the age of 8 (the gender part, not the janitor part) I just didn’t have the words yet.
I’ve been on a very low-dose of testosterone since March of 2013


For more, go here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated